Thursday, October 13, 2011

My notes for 1-4 chapters

My notes (you might consider doing this as you go)




1. Chapter 1 Notes: The Dust Storms

a. Setting

i. Apocalyptic

ii. Reverse lifecycle

b. Unity and Human dignity

c. Survival

d. Interchapter



2. Chapter 2 Notes: Tom Get’s a Ride

a. Character

i. Tom Joad

1. Quick to anger, independent, solitary, smart

b. Plot

c. Tension between haves and have nots with Trucker/Owners

d. Setting

i. Roadside Diner

3. Chapter 3 Notes: The Turtle

a. Symbolic in every sentence.

4. Chapter 4 Notes: Tom Meets Casey

a. Character

i. Jim Casey

1. Reborn, Seeker, Man of Thought, Philosopher—Oversoul, Holy Spirit is Human Spirit

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This little outline of what we talked about really helped me understand the reading better :)

kwilso73 said...

thanks for the outline it helps me remember the reading alot more since sometimes it takes me three time of redaing it for every detail to embedded into my head.

Betty Boop said...

THANKS THIS OUTLINE HELPED ME WITH THE READING WE ARE DOING A LITTLE BETTER.

JIH said...

The outline did help understand what I was reading. It forced me to pay closer attention.