Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 13

Fall 11 English 101 Day 13


1. Bonus Points?

2. Final Drafts Due Tuesday.

3. For Monday—a volunteer to have their essay graded by the class? Two?

4. We are starting GoW next week if you want to get a start on it this weekend. (we’ll have our first conversation about it on Wednesday where you’ll be asked about the first four chapters.

Peer Editing Process

Students learn from each other.

Students learn by teaching.

Kind honesty.

You have my permission to tear my paper to shreds

Thick skin.


Number the paragraphs on your essays.

Write two questions you'd like answered by your peers.

1. Exchange essays with another person at your table.

2. Apologize as needed

3. Read silently and comment as you go

4. Complete peer editing forms

5. Have a CONVERSATION--explain what you wrote on the Peer edit forms.

6. Finally, writer asks questions not answered

7. Repeat

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was good to peer edit today. It was a good opportunity for me to improve on editing papers and giving constuctive critisim [ :) haha ] It was also a good chance for me to get good advice on my own paper :) It was interesting to see another's persepctive on the essay prompt... overall... it was a very good and helpful day of class

Katie said...

Peer editing went good today, it's nice to see how other students went about writing their essay. I am also looking forward to the chance to have my paper edited by the entire class, I think input from everyone will really help me out and I'd get some better insight about my work.

Betty Boop said...

It was a good way of helping eachother peer-edit... also to be able to interact with different classmates. I really appreciate the help my classmate gave me. Any comment or suggestions is good ..

Anna Diaz said...

During Perr-edit in class many coverstions were brought up and there was a lot of good feedback given which helps us become better writers.

Elizabeth said...

@ Kayla ~ Thank you for tearing my very rough draft apart. It gave me some direction and I was able to see that I had too much going on.

JIH said...

Peer editing went well, but we felt rushed, there wasn't enough time to give good advice.