Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 18

English 101 Day 18 Fall 11


1. 1030 class: Set point levels for rubric.

2. Essays returned in about a week. Don’t ask earlier, please.

3. Quiz over 1-4/Correct.

4. Your experience in agriculture

a. Mine: Pallet and Bin; grew up with Zirkles, Roches, Lancasters, Munsons; Dad wrote the articles of incorporation for Tree Top co-op; picked strawberries for one crappy day. U-Pick blueberries.

b. Yours?

5. Essay two options explained.

For second essay

a. Experience

i. Moves, roadtrips, psychological?

b. Observation

i. Your parents/grandparents coming to the valley, state, country

ii. Other

c. Imagination

i. Muley, Willy Feely, Ivy Wilson, Connie, Noah, One Eyed Man,

ii. Now?

iii. Future? What if GW plays out like Gore says? I’d like to keep it on Earth, and without wizards, I’d say.


Characterization is the method used by a writer to develop a character.

The method includes

(1) showing the character's appearance,
(2) displaying the character's actions,
(3) revealing the character's thoughts,
(4) letting the character speak, and
(5) getting the reactions of others
(6) their names

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Peters.. I had to go home sick earlier this morning from school. Would I be able to make up the CH. 1-4 quiz tomorrow morning? Please let me know... Sorry I wasn't in class

kwilso73 said...

good discussion in class today I belive I didn't do bad on the quiz to. Hope you feel better Kayla.

JIH said...

I thought it was cool to go around the room and share our experiences with Ag. It was interesting to hear about all the different things people have done, and how they were introduced to it.