English 101 Last Day
1. Bruce and Rage
2. H/I Cover Letter
3. H/I Final, Final Draft on Monday in front of my office by NOON. MUST have draft with my comments as well as the final, final draft.
4. Return of Essays, etc
a. First week of Winter Quarter.
b. Grades mostly.
c. For more feedback from me, bring your essay in and we’ll go over it.
5. Grades due Next Friday, posted online under schedule that day
6. My schedule: Winter 102 and American Lit; Spring English 95 x2 and Poetry Workshop
7. Summer? MAYBE 102.
8. Also, you can ask about anything anytime.
9. You can say hi to me on campus. Say your name and I’ll say mine.
10. You can say hi to each other.
11. From my English 102 class: Andy Blevins’ story.
a. One in there Americans in their mid-twenties attended but did not finish college.
b. Only 41 percent of low-income students entering a four year college managed to graduate within five years. (66% of high income did).
c. 75 percent of students enrolling in community colleges said they hoped to transfer to a four year institution. But only 17 percent of those made the switch within five year. The rest were out working or still studying toward the two year degree.
12. Your story has to be different. You are abrecaminos.
13. The Grapes of Wrath final scene
14. Now, you can do this.