Day 37 English 101 Fall 2011
1. Bonus Points—Poetry Reading Tomorrow Night at Writing Center—8pts. 7pm.
2. Bonus points Wednesday 16th, 9am, 11am, 1pm in the Writing Center.
3. Essays returned to those who have not received them.
a. Check on bonus points, please. And my math.
4. Slowly, twice around the class for handwriting/see me’s.
5. It’s not where you start, it’s where you finish.
a. The Importance of Grit
6. Grade reports so far.
a. Does not include attendance.
b. Does not include bonus points.
7. Thesis statement practice—clicker test.
8. Thesis statements on the board.
9. Go fast
a. Right on target, Narrow, Specific, Vivid Language
c. Too Broad
d. Too Vague
e. Language mixed up/unclear.
10. For tomorrow: Bring four copies of your essay. One of the copies should use your four digit Student ID only. 3-5 pages, double spaced.