Cover Letter Assignment—Due Friday December 3rd.
20 prewriting points, based on quality and quantity.
Your cover letter should present an evaluation of how you have performed as a student/writer this quarter.
1-2 single spaced pages.
Your cover letter should take the standard business letter format, (See Hacker for this). Use this for my address:
Mr. Dan Peters
and formal salutation, Dear Mr. Peters is fine, and a signature line at the end.
Ideas/Questions that might help you get started--don't answer them as a list:
• How would you describe yourself as a writer before the class? How has this changed?
• How did you write papers before this class? How has this class changed your process?
• Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses as you see them in your thinking, reading, and writing for this course. Use the rubrics to help frame this response.
• What work do you do before you begin to write a draft of an essay? How do you develop a strong main point for your essays?
• How would you describe the peer group work as it affected your writing? Did it help you to have other readers for your papers? What sorts of comments were the most helpful to you? Did reading a peer’s paper give you any new perspectives on your own writing?
• What have you improved on this quarter?
• What skills do you still need to work on?
• How about as a student overall? (Ways of Seeing the World, attendance, participation, homework etc)