SHORT ANSWER STUDY GUIDE QUESTIONS - To Kill A Mockingbird
2. What did Dill dare Jem to do?
3. What was Scout's first "crime" at school?
4. What was Calpurnia's fault?
5. Why did Scout rub Walter Cunningham's nose in the dirt?
6. Scout said, " He ain't company, Cal, he's just a Cunningham." What did she mean by
that, and what was Cal's answer?
7. What two mistakes did Miss Caroline make on the first day of school?
8. Why didn't the Ewells have to go to school?
1. What did Scout and Jem find in the Radleys' tree?
2. Identify Mrs. Dubose.
3. How did Jem get even with Scout for contradicting him about "Hot Steams?"
4. What was the Boo Radley game?
5. Identify Miss Maudie.
6. What does Miss Maudie think of the Radleys?
7. Why do Dill and Jem want to give Boo Radley a note? What does Atticus say when he
finds out about their plan?
8. How did Jem lose his pants? What did he find when he went back for them?
9. What else did Jem and Scout find in the Radleys' tree?
10. Why would there be no more surprises in the tree?
1. What happened to Miss Maudie's house? What was her reaction?
2. Identify Cecil Jacobs.
3. What "disaster" happened at Christmas between Scout and Francis?
4. What did Scout's Uncle Jack learn from Scout and Atticus?
1. What brave thing does Atticus do in Chapter 10? Why are Scout and Jem shocked?
2. What did Jem do when Mrs. Dubose said Atticus "lawed for niggers?"
3. What was Jem's punishment?
4. What did Jem learn from his encounter with Mrs. Dubose and following her death?