Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 12

English 101 Fall 2010 Day 12
1. The peer review concept
a. You remember more when you teach the material to others.
b. You learn differently from peers than from instructors.
c. Thick skin.
d. Kind honesty.

2. The peer review process
a. In groups of four. (working in pairs)
b. Number paragraphs on your essays.
c. Write a question you’d like to have answered about your essay on the top of each copy.

d. Exchange essays with another person in your group.
i. Apologize.
ii. Give them permission to tear your paper apart.

e. Read silently with a pen in your hand and mark it as you go.
f. Complete the peer review worksheet.
g. Discuss worksheet and author’s question with author.
h. Then, they discuss your essay with you.

i. Switch partners and repeat until you’ve had your essay read by the entire group.
j. If there’s no time for the third reader, it’s homework.

k. Please complete one of the peer review forms for your own essay, too

3. Peer Review, Review
Meet tomorrow in the lab.

5 comments:

EmilyMurphy said...

Having other people look at my essay and tell me what i could do better helped me a lot to think about what i could do to make a better paper.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Emily. This really helped me not only grammatically but also structurally. Reading other people's papers particularly (tongue-twister) helped me come up with ideas I feel I missed in my paper.

Bushra Syed said...

I agree also! I really got a different perspective with all the notes and everything! And plus having three different people edit it gave me a lot more things to think about!

Unknown said...

it helped me too but I wish we had a chance to work on it again between reveiws so we could see if the peer saw improvment

Unknown said...

to be honest i HATE peer reviewing cus sometimes people are LAZY like ME and are not honest as they should be..