Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 10

English 101 Summer 2010 Day 10

  1. Complete Peer Review Process
  2. Homework—
    1. Writing Center open until 2pm
    2. Final Draft Due Monday
    3. Read TKAM Chapters 1-9 for Monday.
    4. Complete Study Guide Chapters 1-11 for Tuesday (26 pts).
  3. Outline
    1. One good way to know if you're on the right track: Your topic sentences should form a paragraph.
    1. Works Cited Page
      1. Film
        1. Smoke Signals
        2. Directed by Chris Eyre
        3. Adam Beach, Evan Adams, Irene Bedard
        4. Miramax
        5. 1998
        6. DVD
      2. Book
        1. The Hero's Journey: A Guide to Literature and Life
        2. Reg Harris and Susan Thompson
        3. Harris Communication
        4. Napa, California
        5. Copyright 2005
      3. Book
        1. The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven
        2. Sherman Alexie
        3. HarperPerennial
        4. New York, New York
        5. 1993
    2. Paper format
    3. Peer Review, Review: Due by the end of the period
    4. Quick Preview of To Kill a Mockingbird

    Final Drafts Due Monday

3 comments:

Dave M. said...

Web page is great today, but what I really want to say is this; WOW - that was good! I went to the writing center today and, no offense Mr. Peters, it was such a great experience, I learned so much! It was like getting to sit down with our own beloved instructor for an hour and working one-on-one on my essay, or should I say, tearing my essay apart. I may have more work to do now, but I think I have a much better idea of what I want to say and how to say it. I highly recommend it to anyone who has not gone there!

Unknown said...

I completly agree with the tearing apart comment Dave, my friends mom is an English major and I had her sit down and go over my paper with me and afterwards I felt good but also overwhelmed because now I had to make all these edits and changes that were going to take me almost more time to fix then to write the original paper...it all works out in the end right?

Dave M. said...

We can only hope, Nicole; we can only hope!