English 101 Fall 09 Day 38
1. Bonus points for Slam or diversity series?
2. Get into groups by paper topic.
3. Review each source with your table and explain your answers to the questions about credibility, audience, purpose etc.
4. Write a thesis statement that sounds something like:
a. We are studying the Grapes of Wrath in the Yakima Valley because_________________.
5. Write your thesis on the board.
6. Quick clicker votes.
7. Return essays to ALMOST everybody. (Hit three 9 pagers in a row this morning.)
8. Grade check will be as soon as they repair my computer. Please say a little prayer to our digital gods for me.
9. Monday, rough drafts of Essay 3. Four copies for peer editing.
10. Tuesday Peer editing.
11. Wednesday advising day.
12. Thursday finish peer editing process. Work on Revisions/research in the lab. I’ll try to have some links by this date, but the librarians will help you anytime you ask. Make time to do this. Do it Wednesday, maybe.
13. Friday I want to talk about organization and transitions.