Cover Letter Assignment
40 points towards your Prewriting Score.
Due Next Friday with your Final, Final Draft
Your cover letter should be 1-2 single spaced pages and present an evaluation of how you have performed as a student/writer this quarter.
Your cover letter should take the standard letter format, (See Hacker for this) with a date, and an address:
Mr. Dan Peters
and formal salutation, (Dear Mr. Peters is fine for now), and a signature line at the end for your own signature.
Ideas/Questions that might help you get started:
- How would you describe yourself as a writer before the class? How has this changed?
- How did you write papers before this class? How has this class changed your process?
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses as you see them in your thinking, reading, and writing for this course. Use
rubrics to help frame this response.
- What work do you do before you begin to write a draft of an essay? How do you develop a strong main point for your essays?
- How would you describe the peer group work as it affected your writing? Did it help you to have other readers for your papers besides the instructor? What sorts of comments were the most/least helpful to you? Did reading a peer's paper give you any new perspectives on your own writing?
- What have you improved on this quarter?
- What skills do you still need to work on?
- How about as a student overall? (Ways of Seeing the World, attendance, participation, homework etc)